July 16, 2009

Lunch and a Movie

I had the most wonder lunch at Hammontree's Grilled Cheese  today with my friends Matt and Sheila Ross.  This place has the best sandwich I have ever had, hands down.  I had the Brie's Company which is grilled apple, Brie, Gouda, caramelized onions, and a fig compote on sourdough bread.  Oh my gawd!
Sheila had the Caprese Melt which is fresh Mozzarella, pesto, tomato bruschetta, fresh basil leaf with their house cheese blend on sourdough bread.  Yummy!!
Matt had the El Chupacabre which is Pulled Pork, Queso Fresca, Manchego, poblano peppers, and a green mole sauce served on sourdough bread.  This guy is a major food snob but said it was good and will make a return trip (let me tell you, that's saying something).
Okay, enough about the food already.

After that we went to see "Bruno".  I laughed so hard that my stomach hurt.  If you like "in your face irreverence" and "made to shock even the most die-hard" you will love this movie.  The scene at the fight club in Fort Smith, Arkansas made the whole thing worth while.  I can't wait until it comes to DVD to see it again so I can find out what I missed while laughing until I cried.

I'll keep this short and sweet since it's my first post since February, 2008.  A lot has happened since then but my life is still as boring as always so I hope you enjoyed this little slice of my uneventful life.  I'll tell you about the spider bite later.