July 19, 2009

Hind Sight Looking Forward

While I was driving to town yesterday I began thinking about young women now and all of the fun choices they have.  This made me start feeling a bit nostalgic about my youth and the many paths my life has taken.  I started making a list in my head of all of the things I would have done differently in my youth (or would do now if I were younger) and decided to write them down.


If I knew then what I know now I would have...

  • Learned to play the piano
  • Said yes to "will you play in our band?"
  • Started an all girl band
  • Never been a follower
  • Stayed independent
  • Never gotten married
  • Never worn a bra
  • Stayed a size 10 so I could always wear vintage clothes
  • Learned to like sewing
  • Worked in a restaurant
  • Learned how to rollerskate
  • Been a rollerblade girl
  • Not wasted time going to college
  • Taken a writing class
  • Kept a journal
Now that I've made that list I need to take action.  Some are out of reach but others are possible.  The question is, do I have the guts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you've been here and leave me a comment.